Saturday, October 1, 2011

Neilsen-Massey Vanilla Powder

I'm always excited when I get the option to review a new food product; but when its from a company like Neilsen-Massey, known for the quality of their vanillas and other extracts, I have to admit my heart started to flutter a bit when I heard I was going to get a chance to try their Madagascar Bourban Pure Vanilla Powder.


The Madagascare Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder is alcohol free, and it makes a great addition to any baked good. 

I was so impressed by the smell when I opened the container, that I couldn't help but give myself a little pinch to try. WOW talk about vanilla flavor! 

Since then, the powder has gone in just about everything I've made, it started with my daughter's oatmeal in the morning, wanting to give her a change from the usual maple-raisin-almond I usually make her. I added a teaspoon of the vanilla powder to oats, milk, almonds, craisins and a pinch of salt.  Annabella really enjoyed having something different for breakfast (okay maybe not too different from the normal, but I gotta try to get all the food groups in!)

The next obvious step was... my coffee of course! This took my usual morning coffee, and made it different. I have always loved french vanilla coffee, but I don't like to have to buy two different kinds of beans just because I want to change it up. I stirred a bit of the Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder into my mug and had a Vanilla coffee!!

So while drinking my morning coffee, I read through the recipes that the good folks over at Neilsen-Massey provided me (and you) with. 

Of course at this point I wanted to see what this vanilla could do with some baking; after a search through the pantry, I found all the ingredients needed to make the Crisp Vanilla Butter Cookies! While they are easy to make, I did have to wait a couple hours for the dough to chill in the fridge, but worth it. I really liked how the recipe made a large batch of dough. Half of it is still in my freezer, waiting for me to need another sugar fix.

Now I had the vanilla coffee and the vanilla cookies, what else could a girl ask for?


Don't worry I didn't forget the recipe for you!




I can't wait to try out this recipe for Vanilla Apple Pudding


Give the Neilsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder a chance, its a simple and easy way to put new life into you're dishes, or create new ones!

I received a free sample of Neilsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder for this review, all opinions are my own, I did not receive any cash for this review. All opinions are 100% mine, recipes courtesy of Neilsen-Massey Vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment