Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Holiday Cookies like a Pro!


Do you see those cookies?
I know what you're thinking, you're thinking that I spent a bunch of my hard earned money on some fancy bakery cookies.

Well if you think that you would be incorrect (sorry I got ya)

In The Biscuiteers Book of Iced cookies you'll learn how to not only decorate beautiful cookies, but how to bake them and make icing that actually dries hard! 

I have been trying for years to make cookies that were worthy of going on a plate for display, and now I've finally figured out how to do it! I was so happy with the way these cookies turned out and not only do they look beautiful but they taste amazing!

The Biscuiteers Book of Iced Cookies also features some delicous cookies to roll, cut and decorate.  Most of them quite creative and types of cookies I had never thought of, I had no idea that people decorated cookies besides sugar and gingerbread!

I made the Almond cookies, which are made with almond meal. They were surprisingly easy to roll out and cut. The dough didn't seem to stick as much! I will note that I did get some amazing tips from the authors Harriet Hastings and Sarah Moore, the book has chapters on preparing, and rolling out dough as well as chapters on how to prepare the perfect royal icing!

The rest of the book is amazing ideas for cookies to make, as well as templates so that you can make them yourself! Then follow the step-by-step icing instructions to create cookies that are fit to be sent for gifts or just out on display! 

If you want to impress the family, or just yourself grab this book and you'll be icing perfect cookies in no time!

I received a free copy of  The Biscuiteers Book of Iced Cookies for this review. I did not receive any cash payments for my review. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment