Sunday, July 31, 2011
Saturday, July 30, 2011
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of UPromise. All opinions are 100% mine.
Everybody has dreams that they want to achieve.
Some are easier then others, and its always refreshing to see an organization that is willing to help people achieve those dreams.
Upromise is a site that helps turn everyday spending into savings for whomever you choose.
They are celebrating 10 years and are teaming up with Sallie Mae with the UPromise Dare to Dream contest!
Enter by telling them about your dream! Post it on their wall at www.upromisetodream.com here you can enter your story for a chance to make your dream come true!
I entered my dream which is to finish school and open up a business where everybody can afford to get massage and wellness services. Having this center would not only allow me to help the community but to be able to afford a future for my daughter, and myself. I would love to have a place to grow and to help other people starting careers in this field grow not only professionally but personally by working with people who truly need and appreciate the services that they are receiving because there isn't many affordable places like that.
If you have a dream for yourself or for someone that you know, be sure to enter the Upromise to Dream contest. If you don't, head on over and check out some of the dreams that are listed on the site.
For the official rules check out the dream wall official rules
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- Start the day off right: A good breakfast is not only important, its easy. Eggs are most often one pan meals, throw in a side of yogurt or fruit, a muffin or whole grain toast and some Orange Juice a great meal. Or cook up some pancakes with fresh blueberries and serve with a side of yogurt. If you're in a rush, throw some precut frozen fruit in a blender with some juice, yogurt, and serve it up with a muffin. You'll quickly learn that its easy to have a healthy breakfast, and feel the results in your days.
- Get involved: I feel this is especially important when your kids are younger. Some kids have a bit of separation anxiety (especially if you are a stay at home mom) Of course, some mommies suffer the same. Join your kids classroom and help out at parties, or just help out during the day, see what your school has to offer.
- If your kids are young go for quality: Kids wear stuff out at school, they eat in it, play in it, cook in it, paint in it, get wet in it, get dirty in it. Chances are if you buy cheap products you're going to be buying a lot. So make sure that you get quality clothes and shoes.
- If you're kids are older go for cheap: Lets face it fads change like crazy after about fifth grade. So to avoid fights, go to Walmart or Target and don't spend a ton, because chances are next month they're gonna want new clothes.
- Agree on healthy choices: Making healthy choices for lunch are important so agree with your kid (and yourself) to pack healthy lunches. The Laptop Lunchbox is my favorite a bento style lunchbox for the school year, It comes with reusable containers, and a cookbook filled with healthy recipes for lunches.
- Do something for you: while your kids are at school do something during the day for yourself, whether it be , going for a walk, reading a book, a club, a craft, or just a new television show. Find something you can indulge in, some me-time is great, if you have younger kids, see if you're local gym offers daycare, I joined mine and I spend at least 2 hours a day there.
- Get into a routine: and start early. Decide on a order of events both before and after school so that things run smoothly for all involved and so that everything that needs to be done gets done everyday! If this is hard for your little one, write it down, and award stickers for good days! Prizes for a whole month or week of great behavior!
Friday, July 15, 2011
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hiltons of Branson. All opinions are 100% mine.
Summer is here and its vacation time... for everyone. Kids are out of school and most people make the famous "summer vacation" Now I could go out to Orlando or down to Los Angeles, or I could join with the ever growing crowds at the beaches. But I would most likely hot, broke and frustrated. The prices charged to summer travelers make it hard to have a stay that feels luxurious, and sometimes I find myself feeling like I paid a whole lot of money to sleep on a sandy bed, in a room with no air conditioning. Throw in the souvenirs and price of park food, it really kills the mood of the whole trip.
Which is why I was so excited to hear about the specials going on at the Branson. The City has some amazing events coming up like Micheal Jackson Tribute week, National Kids Week, and the Sould Out Band Concert. All of these events sound like more fun the a crowded amusement park!
Grab some noise blocking headphones and your little one can enjoy Branson's music festivals
To make the deal even sweeter, the Hiltons of Branson, you have to check out their amazing "Best Value Vacation Package" You'll get a third night stay free at one of the participating Hiltons of Branson, Two adult and two children's ticket to the Legend of Kung Fu show at The White House Theater in Branson MO, two adult and two kids two day passes to Silver Dollar City Amusement park, a $25 gift card for shopping and a $25 gift card for food at the Level 2 Steakhouse! Did I mention that Silver Dollar City had a Water Park?
let your little one make some new friends at Branson Events
Now that's a deal if I ever saw one! You basically can have an amazing long weekend for a low low price! So hurry up because this deal will probably sell out soon.
Stuff your face with a $25 food voucher
This post brought to you by Zenni Optical. All opinions are 100% mine.
Do you wear glasses?
If you do then you're all to familiar with the high prices and hassles that can be find at the optical shop in your shopping or strip mall. And who wants to pay the prices at the optometrists office?
Introducing Zenni Optical, where you can get your glasses at affordable prices, with free shipping sent right to your doorstep? Okay, so maybe that was a bit of a rhetorical question but you get my point.
I did a bit of shopping around on the Zenni Optical website and I learned that I could save about $40 to $50 dollars if I bought my spectacles through them. I didn't even factor in the time, gas, or inevitable shopping spree that I will be sure to go on if I had to wait for my glasses to be ready, (That or a calorie laden trip to the food court)
While sitting there on your computer, why not check out some of the great glasses they have over at Zenni Optical, its worth both the time and the money that you'll save.
This post brought to you by uSell. All opinions are 100% mine.
Got an old cell phone lying around?
Hey who doesn't? What about a camera, mp3 player, computer, or whatever old electronics you have replaced with new, but you're saving for.... some reason. You may be waiting for you're kids to need them (lets be honest at the rate of technology these days that 10 megapixel will be rendered useless) or maybe you're waiting to get a good price for them, trust me whatever you sell them for on uSell will be more then you will make waiting for them to 'gain antique value'
So what is it for you?
Here we have more old cell phones and digital cameras then we know what to do with. I want my pictures to come in as many megapixels as possible so soon as the newest Casio camera comes out I am off to the electronics store to get the latest model.
I would love to get rid of some of the old electronics we have, I could well use the money for some new craft supplies or even to put towards new electronics or cases to protect them. Who can't use a bit of extra cash to make it buy for the week, or to buy organic for the week.
uSell is convenient and easy, it helps to keep you and your money safe by avoiding the risks of person to person sales that you would do on something like Craigslist.
If they can't find a cash offer for your product they'll even tell you where you can take it in your area to recycle it!