Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bake Sale Success

Does the thought of baking for a bake sale seem a bit intimidating? Do you just not have the time or the creativity to produce much more the chocolate chip or snicker doodles? 

Well now there is a way to impress them all!

"The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book' by the Camilla V . Saulsbury, who also happens to be the winner of The Food Network's Ultimate Recipe Showdown is a collection of over 375 cookie recipes made with good old cake mix!

I'll admit that at first I was a bit weary about this book, I thought that it would be repetitive. But as usual with cookie books I was amazed at all the options I had! Not only were there your basic drop cookies but Rolled cookies and even filled cookies, many sounding good enough to be found in a fancy bakery!

Here are a few examples
Bittersweet Chocolate Blackout Cookies
Pineapple Softies
Fresh Raspberry Blondies
Maple Pecan Gooey Bars
Cranberry Streusel Bars
Mocha-Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies!

The best part about all these cookies is that they are so simple to make. You don't have to worry about weighing the perfect amount of flour because its already weighed for you!  All that's necessary is a few extra ingredients and steps and that box of devils food cake is now a delicious batch of cookies!

The next thing I worried about as I looked at the recipes, was how I was going to make all these without using a hydrogenated cake mix? I had steered away from them in the past because they are almost always high-fructose or hydrogenated.

That was till I looked in the baking section of my local Whole Foods!  They had a whole array of cake mixes and just my luck they were on sale!! I bought up a few boxes because I have a feeling that in the next few weeks I'll be cooking up more batches of these cookies! With so may to try I could make a cookie every day of the year and still not finish the book.. 

I received a free copy of The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book for this review. I did not receive any cash payments for this review. All opinions are 100% mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment