Sunday, October 9, 2011

much more then "One Sweet Cookie"

Fall is here! Which means that we need some sweet stuff to go with all that warm cider and hot chocolate that's in our mugs. 

"One Sweet Cookie" is a  collection of recipes amazing New York chefs including Lidia Bastianich, Jaques Torres and Mario Batali! It was compiled by Tracey Zabar a jewelry designer and author. The photographs of the cookies by Ellen Silverman are elegant and make you want to try every one you see.

© Ellen Silverman.
This book has some delicious recipes! Including (as you can see from the cover) a recipe for Whoopie Pies!  I haven't made them yet, because I haven't had the time with school, and these cookies take a bit more time then I've had available. 

But I did try the 'Cowboy Cookies' from Mario Batali, and I think they may be my new favorite cookie.

I also made the Almond Kipferl a recipe from Kurt Gutenbrunner.  They were very simple to make and I had all of the ingredients in my house! 

Look at them;

They're made with ground almonds so they have a really nice taste and crunch to them!

My other taste tester agreed

This is a great book to prepare for cookie swaps and Christmas parties! You'll impress them with Lemon Poppy Seed Linzers and Pumpkin Maple Walnut Cookies. With a book like this you'll be able to share (or not share) some of the best cookie recipes in New York with your family. 

I can't wait to send a tin of these to school with Annabella for her teachers, they'll love a change from the usual sugar cookies!

The book retails for $30

© One Sweet Cookie: Celebrated Chefs Share Favorite Recipes by Tracey Zabar,
Rizzoli New York, 2011.


I received a free copy of  "One Sweet Cookie" for this review, all opinions are 100% mine. I did not receive any cash payment for this review






No comments:

Post a Comment