Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Puffs!

I'm always looking for healthy snacks and sides for my daughter. But its easy to fall  back on convenience foods so when I do choose to give my daughter, french fries or chicken I try to be sure that they are nutritional and have something healthy for her.

Neither me nor my roommates have ever been very crazy about tater-tots, personally I never saw the appeal of the things, I'd rather have some crunch fries. Even though I adore Alexia Sweet Potato Fries; I was still a bit weary to try the Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs. (The wonderful thing about living with people is that you can have them test the food before you do)



I was pleasantly surprised when I found that my daughter LOVED them and my roommate felt the same!  So I tried one and guess what, not bad! I really appreciated how crunchy they were on the outside

I like these puffs because they are not only simple to eat for little fingers, but they are made from sweet potatoes which are much healthier then just regular potato tots. Also its harder to burn a sweet potato puff then it is to burn a french fry. 

Another feature I liked was how quick they cooked, just 20 minutes and you have a great snack or side to go with just about any diner. I enjoyed them with some BBQ sauce because we had them with chicken nuggets. I'm quite sure that they would go great with just about any dip that you could come up with.

The puffs; which were released in March of this year; retail for about $3.49. I looked at my local Whole Foods  and found them with the french fries. They are available at grocery, club, gourmet and mass food stores! Check them out as a healthy alternative for your next meal!

For more information about Alexia Foods check out their website. 

Or visit them on Facebook

I received free Alexia Foods Sweet Potato Puffs for this review. All opinions are my own, I did not receive any cash  payment for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment