Tuesday, August 9, 2011

StoryTime!

I was read to a lot as a kid.

My family has 'fond' early morning memories of me asking my gramps to "Read the Book?" 
(at times this prompted them to hide the book but I've healed... )

So I'm always excited when I'm offered a kids book to read and share with my daughter.

"Flicka, Ricka, Dicka and Their New Skates" was no disappointment. Its an adorable story about three sisters from Sweden that was originally published in 1950.

This adorable Updated 32 page full color book comes with a sweet set of paper dolls! Its about three girls who get a new set of skates on Christmas morning, when the girls take them out for a spin, they are met with unexpected events that turn them into heroes! 

Annabella loved the book. Even though its reccomended for ages 5-8 (preschool-grade 2) Annabella seemed to enjoy the whole thing (she referred to the girls as princesses). I like reading this book, its great for bedtime, just long enough for Annabella to relax, but not long enough for her to get sick of it. It also isn't exceptionally silly so I don't have to worry about a case of the giggles. Thats not to say it doesn't have a great story and wonderful ending, we have read it as a bedtime story everynight for the last week, her choosing it over two other books! 

I  can't wait to check out the rest of the series. Maj Lindman also wrote a series about three boys names Snipp Snapp and Snur! The books are available on Amazon or through the pulisher HERE

I was sent a copy of "Flicka, Ricka, Dick and Their New Skates" for this review, I received no monetary payment for this review. All the opinions here are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment