Monday, January 24, 2011

"Saltwater Taffy" Review

Pirates
Who doesn't love them, or fear them, or well secretly want to be one?

Saltwater Taffy

When I was offered to review the book "Saltwater Taffy" by Eric DelaBarre,  I was a bit excited, I'm not going to lie, as much as I love reading about mystery and romance, I would much rather hear about adventure.

"Saltwater Taffy" fits this mold perfect, its full of suspense, mystery and a group of middle schoolers who want to find the lost treasure of Jean Laffitte.

But they're not alone in their, search, the whole town has been trying to figure out where the lost treasure is for years!  So this rag-tag group of middle schoolers has to outsmart quite a few people in their hunt. Will they ever solve the mystery ciphers will they discover where the treasure is?

I really enjoyed reading this book, which is why I am such a fan of it, not only did it entertain my daughter, but it was a fantastic book to read out loud to her before bedtime. I had to stop myself from going further in the book as she fell asleep. I'll be honest, I really wanted to read the whole thing in one night!

This book is great  for middle schooler to read on their own, but can also be read aloud to much younger children because its easy to read and understand. It's story is captivating and its written at a level of reading that they can understand. This book is also a great way to spend family time together; rather then watching a movie, I chose to read this to my daughter and we were both caught up in the adventure. 

I would recommended this book to anyone who likes pirates and anybody who wants to read a book that will take them places! This book is about friendship and sticking together, as well as letting kids know that they can do anything if they put their mind to it!


To get your own copy of "Saltwater Taffy" check out the Amazon Book store, as well as Barnes and Noble and other book sellers!

Don't miss out! Its been a while since I've recommended a book like this to adults, but really you'll love it!
Check out Eric's Site for more info on "Saltwater Taffy"
http://www.whatagreatbook.com/
And be sure to check him out on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/whatagreatbook


I was sent a free copy of "Saltwater Taffy" for this review, all the opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment