Monday, January 3, 2011

Auntie Anne's At Home Baking Kits


My sister loves monkey bread

I don't think that there has been a visit home without her bugging me about it.
For some reason, my sister has forgotten that all thats required to make "Mally's Monkey Bread" is three packs of refrigerated biscuit dough, sugar, cinnamon and way too much butter.

Myself however, I don't really succumb to the hydrogenated oils that saturate the dough, as well as my body after eating it. 

So when I was sent the Auntie Anne's At Home Baking Kit to try out I was psyched when I learned that one of the recipes reccomended was Monkey Bread! My sister was just as excited

So we started out on our journey to make a new kind of Monkey Bread

Gather Materials:
The only materials needed in addition to the kit is some butter, some spray oil, and some extra cinnamon and sugar, the kit doesn't come with quite enough sugar for the monkey bread, however it does come with enough for making pretzels!


First get the yeast ready with warm water in a bowl.

Stir in the Yeast

Wait for two minutes for the yeast to activate

Stir the premixed dry ingredients into the yeast mixture

 After mixing a while its easiest to pour 

Add some flour to the table if its too sticky

The hands of a massage therapist are great for kneading dough

Once you get the ball in a dough

Let it rise, in a warm spot

 After thirty minutes in a warm spot it should be ready

 Cut into 50 or 60 1 inch pieces (we made ours too big, probably would have been better half this size)
 Melt your butter and mix the cinnamon and sugar.
 Roll into balls

 Roll them in butter

 Then roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.

Then drop it into your Bunt pan that you have sprayed with oil
 Keep rolling your balls and filling your bundt pan
 Sooner then you know it you'll be done!
 Bake for 30-35 min
 Yum Monkey Bread
 Sticky and crunchy.

 Careful Auntie its hot!


Blowing it off

 Mmmm delicious


Well it was definitely worth the process. My sister who has never made bread before, wasn't too keen on how long it took to make the monkey bread (about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from start to finish) I thought that it came together quick, considering that it was yeast dough!

The problem I find with most monkey bread is that it goes stale so fast! This recipe seemed to be good for  a longer period of time. I also liked that it contains NO HYDROGENATED OILS!!! A big no-no for my mouth. Pillsbury may last forever, but thats because its semi plastic!

I would make the balls of dough smaller next time because I think that I made them a little bit too big this time, I only made about 40 balls I think that 60 would have been just right, it was hard for me to make them the size I wanted.

Everybody in the house loved the monkey bread, It even got crunchy on the sides just like we like it! 

This would be so much fun to make with younger kids, because its simple and its fun to roll the balls of dough in butter and sugar. Its also a nice break from a chocolate dessert!

The kit is available at Auntie Anne's stores be sure to check the site to make sure that they sell it at stores near you! I was glad to find that they were available at the mall near me. As these would make great gifts (I'm big on gifts that are centered around food and crafting this is great!) 

Its affordable and if you don't like monkey bread, try making the Deep Dish Pizza, apple dumplings or pretzel stuffing! In addition to these recipes there are lots more!

Check it out!

Thank you Auntie Anne's for the great product!
I recieved a free Auntie Anne's at Home Baking Kit for this review, all the photos, reviews and opinions are my own! I did not receive any money for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment