I'm just going 'nuts' over diner tonight!
Sesame Peanut noodles with walnut crusted chicken
I wasn't sure about walnuts and peanuts in the same dish when I made this at first, I was also unsure on how cream soaked chicken would taste with Asian peanut noodles. But it was a success
I've loved peanut noodles since my Auntie Pam's New Years Day party many years ago. And I have been experimenting with recipes ever since. I got a hint of honey, I just made the sauce and put it on top of some udon noodles. Then I made some
Walnut Crusted Chicken
*I found this recipe like this on the internet about a year ago and I can't find the original link no matter how hard I look , I'm sure its different then the original because I've lost all my recipe books!
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
salt and pepper
2 chicken breasts
- Preheat the Oven to 325
- Cut the chicken breast into strips, add some salt and pepper
- Put the chicken breasts into a bowl and cover with cream
- Put walnuts, flour and cinnamon in food processor, process till nuts are in small pieces (you can make it finer if you like, but I like the texture of the walnuts, plus it looks pretty)
- Coat the chicken with the walnut mix
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done
I made the sesame noodles while the chicken was cooking, and I served them cold.
I added shredded carrots, green onions, roasted peanuts, and hemp seeds to the dish to add some extra crunch and some veggies! The carrots add a fresh taste to the dish
I hope you try this because its quick, delicious, and easy to make, definitely one of my favorites.