Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Make The Bread Buy The Butter

Some mothers strive to do it all themselves, and I'm not going to lie, I spent the first year of my daughter's life trying to do it all, but there are somethings that are just better left to the professionals. 

If you're lucky when you begin your homemaking career, someone has already taught you that making butter is a pain in the... well you know.

If you're not so lucky, you end up spending time and money, much more then it would have cost to just go to the store and buy a pound of butter.

Enter Make the Bread, Buy the Butter the wonderful book by Jennifer Reese. 

When Jennifer Reese became unemployed she tried it all. From making her own butter, to making her own prosciutto (which I greatly admire her for)

In her book Make the Bread Buy the Butter Jennifer shares her recipes and the stories that go along with them. Its a fun read as well as a tasty addition tho the kitchen.  I've already found myself making my own pita bread which has brought my falafel to a whole new level and saved me quite a bit of money.

If you're a do it yourself-er, or if you'd like to be this book is for you, learn from Jennifer's mistakes or don't and try them for yourself.  You'll impress your family when they find out that everything on the table was made from scratch!

Laugh and cook with Jennifer Reese, Make the Bread Buy the Butter  is a must read for any homemaker

I received a free copy of  Make the Bread Buy the Butter for this review, all opinions are 100 % mine I did not receive any monetary payment for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment