Monday, November 14, 2011

The Cult of Lego

I grew up with Legos, 
Building with them, throwing them, fighting over them.

But I never thought of enjoying them later in life. Or of doing anything with them besides building farms for my Lego cows.

The Cult of Lego is not a group of nerds who worship the Lego King (although I'm not doubting that such a secret society probably exists)

Its a book by Joe Baichtal and Joe Menoabout the amazing things that people have done with Legos over the years. Projects which far exceed my barn and fences (they were darn nice though)

Everything from Lego Leagues to customized Lego figurines.

Lego Harpsichords and Lego Bible Scenes.

A Lego Costume!

Lego art and my personal favorite, Legos for Autism Therapy!

A fabulous book for any collection, but especially for the dad or granddad who is always enthusiastic about Legos. Maybe for the college student who hasn't quite given up on that box in the basement?

Whoever is the Lego lover in your life, this is a book to share with them, or just read for yourself. You'll find yourself constantly amazed at the masterpieces that people have created with the tiny blocks, as well as the communities that they have built while doing so!

I received a free copy of The Cult of Lego for this review, all opinions are 100% mine I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment