I love to daydream about vacations! So when Twittermoms, asked what we liked to do on our vacations with our kids! I thought I would participate! You can find out more about the campaign here : http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/share-5-fun-family-vacation
- Camping!: We all know how much I love camping! I think that camping is a wonderful way to get back with nature, before you go, search the web for fun outside crafts. Send the kids out for sticks to make these Gods Eyes, who doesn't love to make those! It would be fun to make these Bird Biscuits on the first day, and watch the birds eat them all weekend. Solar Print Paper is one of my favorite projects for outdoor fun
- Music Festivals: If you love music, then why not go to a music festival? We got to Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa every year, they have great music going all night long, lots of kids activities, green workshops, and lots of fun vendors. You can camp there all weekend long! We love this festival, this year Lauren Hill is playing!
- Car Games!: For a long car trip, make some bingo cards!I found this site here, that lets you make your own bingo cards! Some ideas? Animals, Car colors, Stores, Road Signs. Fun Prizes for the road? Coloring books, crayons, sparkle jewelry!
- Plan a Sailing Trip!: Sailing is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had The moorings offers tons of options from a bareboat ship to a power boat. You can choose from getting a captain to sail the boat for you, to taking sailing lessons, if you are already nautical, submit your sailing resume to do it yourself! Get a book on knots and teach them the important ones like the Bowline, the most useful knot on a boat. You'll love listening to all the stories that your Captain has to tell you!
- Gardens: Show your family some amazing gardens, Golden Gate Park has lots of specialty gardens, also the Luther Burbank Gardens in Santa Rosa CT, have amazing flowers and plants that were developed by Luther Burbank, you'll be amazed to lean that he never even graduated high school. While you are there take pictures of the flowers and make your own garden book! Take notes for what you would like to grow in your own garden!
I hope you can use these with your family! Take the road less traveled and you may have more fun then you think!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.