Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting Fresh, with Freschetta Pizza

This post brought to you by FRESCHETTA®. All opinions are 100% mine.

Pizza, its one of my favorite things to eat. 

So when Freschetta asked me to try out their newest FRESCHETTA® By the Slice pizza slices. I was more then happy to oblige!

FRESCHETTA® By the Slice is a slice of pizza boxed up and ready for you to eat, its convenient if you have teenagers who waste entire pizzas, they can heat up just one slice and there is no waste... well I should say no food waste. My biggest problem with FRESCHETTA® By the Slice  is that it comes in a huge box about 3/4 the size of a regular pizza box, so it not only takes up lots of room in the refrigerator, but the entire box gets thrown away creating lots of waste, I'm all about having a single slice of pizza rather then the whole pie but I would much prefer if it came a few in a box rather then just one slice in a big pizza box.

The toppings were great, I really enjoyed all the different cheeses on the Six Cheese Medley 

FRESCHETTA® By The Slice Six Cheese Medley

The six cheeses complimented each other and the sauce wonderfully. I really liked how the sauce didn't taste super acidic like most frozen pizzas tend to. I wish that they would have had more variety at my store FRESCHETTA® By the Slice also comes in BBQ Recipe Chicken, Vegetable Medley, and Spinach, Chicken, Mushroom. All of these sound like really yummy choices. 

The crust on the pizza is also great, its crispy but not so flat that you feel like your pizza is on a cracker, I liked that it didn't get burnt on the bottom when I baked it in the oven, I sometimes have a problem with this with some frozen pizzas.

My only other problem with these pizzas is that they contain Hydrogenated oils, which is a big no no in my house. 

To find out more about FRESCHETTA® By the Slice you can follow Freschetta on twitter at @Freschetta Pizza. Or check them out on Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/freschettapizza

 

WIN!

Freschetta Pizza has agreed to give one MOMMYPANTS! reader their own free coupon of  FRESCHETTA® By the Slice  as well as a set of six Frecshetta Tupperware! (three containers with lids)

To qualify to win, you must first be a follower of MOMMYPANTS

Then leave me a comment on this post letting me know which toppings you love on pizza!

I will pick one winner on May 13th 2011. So all comments must be made before May 12th 2011.

Good luck and Thanks for reading!

Visit Sponsor's Site

1 comment: