Monday, April 19, 2010

Citrus Swordfish with mango salsa and coconut rice

Last night I got swordfish

It was a battle, mostly because I had no idea what to do with it
Luckily, swordfish is not as hard to cook as I thought it was.

I found the recipe for the swordfish here
I omitted the cilantro, but if you like cilantro you should add it

For the rice:

Two cans coconut milk
Half a cup of water
pinch of mace
tsp cinnamon
quarter tsp ginger
salt and pepper
Two cups jasmine rice

I put all of this in a pan, brought it to a simmer and let it cook until all the liquid had evaporated. (careful, this smells exotic and yummy)

Meanwhile I toasted some pecans, about three to five minutes on 350

I grilled the swordfish till it was white in the center, this took a lot longer then I thought it would, and I only managed to get good grill marks on one of my steaks.

For plating:
Rice
Crushed Pecans
Swordfish Steak
Salsa

The nuts add such a nice texture with everything else. I'm sure you'll love this
I will make this again, I love how tropical it tastes.



1 comment:

  1. Good gravy that looks and sounds so delish!!!! We ate leftovers for dinner last night. Looks like I'm going to have to step up my game this week. :)

    ReplyDelete