Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Frostbite prevention Plan B

The Farmers Almanac  is a site that I reference whenever I need information about my plants, the site is wonderful, you can enter your zip into thier best dates planting guide. Here you can enter your zip code and they will give you a chart of when to plant your seeds.

This year I decided that I didn't want to be late planting like I usually am. So when I looked last week at what to plant, I saw that there was a few plants that I could start!

You can see my pot garden here in case you missed that post.

But it still gets cold at night, and Ryan warned me that the plants still needed to be covered.

Last night, I opened a garbage bag and covered the plants and held it down with rocks. However this morning, my plants seemed squished by last nights rainfall.

So today I decided to try a new method

I'll let you know tomorrow how this works out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment