- Home Cooked Meals: I rarely take something out of the freezer to feed my little one. Its all mama made, not only is it healthier but its got more soul! I can taste the difference in my meals and in the ones that come from the freezer, I'm sure she would notice as well!
- Hugs: I give great hugs, often, she's my baby and I will never stop hugging her! I don't think much can compare to a hug from a mama.
- The smell of the house: I'm an incense girl, and I love how it smells, I think that my daughter would miss the way that her house smells, and the way that smoke curls in the air over my desk.
- Concerts: I bring Annabella everywhere with me! Most concerts are no exception. She went to her first concert on New Years eve when she was three months old. She loved it, had a blast! I miss concerts so I'm sure she would miss them too
- Car Trips: I am always looking for great ways to show Annabella the world, I know that she would miss us driving around on back-roads singing and dancing to the best music we can find
- Cuddling in the A.M.: I love weekend mornings, Annabell and I will lay in bed for a bit and watch T.V. or read through a book. Its great to just spend time tickling her, and flopping on the bed. Its something that you do with a mama that just isn't' the same with anybody else
- Making a mess: I love to make a mess, finger painting, splashing in the tub, or building couch cushion houses. It can all be cleaned up. I don't think that everybody feels the same about this. Annabella and I love arts and crafts and making a mess comes with all of that!
- Weekday Mornings: Annabella and I have great weekdays, the usually start with me waking her up then we have breakfast together. After that we will dance to some music to get ready for the day, then we go pick up her Uncle Dave from work and we all laugh on the way for daycare. Its a simple routine but its one that I've grown to love
- Skirt-hide-and-seek: Not all kids are lucky enough to have a hippie mama who is always wearing long bohemian skirts. Annabella treats them like they are tents that she can play under. She loves pointing out whatever flower or animal happens to be on them. And she really likes all the bright colors. I've even made her a few of her own.
- Mama-made-its: I am crafty as said before. I am always looking for new clothes or toys to make for Annabella, and needless to say it has built up quite a wardrobe. I think that she would miss having clothes and quilts that were made with her in mind and fitted just for her.
Monday, February 28, 2011
This post brought to you by Express. All opinions are 100% mine.
Its that time again!
Spring has (almost) sprung, and its time to get your body ready to wear that swimsuit!
Express has women's swimwear on sale now! Great idea if you ask me because you can try on your suit and see which areas need a bit of ::ahem:: work. Don't stop when you find your suit, they also have suits for men!
I love white swim suits they really show off a tan (even if its not from a beach) . I would love to get the one above, its just under $40 on sale so its a deal! Express has quality suits so it would last for the entire summer rather then the not so nice ones that I have gotten at those super department stores in the past.
Right now if you sign up for the Express e-mail you'll be entered to win a $200 gift card, and considering the low prices of these swim suits you'll be able to get a few of them, or a few things to wear when you're not lounging by the pool. Check out the sweepstakes rules to learn more about this sweet contest!
While you're waiting to see if you win, start doing some crunches and maybe you'll be brave enough to try out one of their string bikinis.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
A great idea for kids to take to school with lunches!
- Mandarin White Tea
- West Indies Lime
- Mango Acai
- Wild Strawberry
- Pomegranate Blueberry
Saturday, February 19, 2011
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of CryoCell International. All opinions are 100% mine.
It was discovered a few years ago that the blood in the umbilical cord can really help us later in our lives. Unfortunately it isn't a very popular topic because not many people know about the benefits, and most hospitals don't offer cord blood banking.
www.Cryo-Cell.com Is a great resource for information on banking your cord blood. You can learn about all the ways that cord blood can help your baby in the future if needed. You can also get information on cost, and compare private cord banking (which is what cyro-cell is) to public banking.
Its a one time cost that could save your baby in the future. If you don't have a child, this is a great way to give a gift to somebody that will last a lifetime. Much more meaningful then that crib bumper.
For a limited time if you visit www.Cryo-Cell.net and request information about cord blood banking you will receive a phone call from a representative and a FREE adorable 'belly bag'.
If you decide to bank your baby's cord blood you will receive a kit and so will your doctor or midwife so that you can correctly save your child's cord blood!
If you're about to have a baby, this is a great way to find out information about cord blood banking!
Friday, February 18, 2011
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of PBM Products. All opinions are 100% mine.
Not everybody can breastfeed thier baby, whether it be lack of supply, lack of time, or maybe it just makes you feel uncomfortable to breastfeed.
Whichever it may be, there are other options out there that can keep baby fed, healthy and happy. When it comes to formula, there are so many different options! It can get expensive to shop for it at your everyday supermarket and they don't always carry what you would like to feed your baby,
Diapers.com has lots of products for the little one that are easily accessed from your internet connection.
Brighter Begginings formula has Gentle, Organic, Soy and Premium formula available to buy on diapers.com. Personally I would go for the Organic formulas, and it seems that most agree, the Organic formula has an average rating of 4.5 stars with 32 comments to read from!
Brighter Begginings formula is FDA regulated; they offer lots of different products for your little one at affordable prices. Which will help your baby and your wallet stay full.
You can also check out Bright Beginnings on Facebook where you can ask questions about the formula and the other products that they offer as well as find out what other customers are asking. I love how Facebook can help us stay so up to date on whats going on!
If you're a formula feeding mom, be sure to check them out!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kenmore Live Studio. All opinions are 100% mine.
You can still have a blast with sports themed family diner nights!
Why not get the family together for some game winning recipes that will have your family racing to the bottoms of their dishes for seconds? A sports theme is a great way to get the family to the table and enjoying simple recipes that taste great (and a great way to plan a menu for the next event)
Wow these steak nachos look amazing, I never would have thought to put them together like this, but I would love to sit around with my friends and chow down on them! Marinating the steak is so important here, forgetting could mean a foul ball
The Steel Curtain Shrimp Skewers are a great seafood dish, we have some issues with vegetarians in my household, this seems to be a dish that would please everyone at the table. I like how simple they are too make. My daughter loves eating things off skewers. Finger foods rock for sure when it comes to getting the kids to eat everything on their plates.
Okay so the more people I tell about this recipe the more mixed reactions I get. I think its a brilliant idea, cheese, bacon, popcorn. Amazing combination, a bowl of this during some game reruns or even for a viewing of ' A League of their own" I'm sure it won't last long, but you should be able to have a tasty few minutes a the start of the movie! Just make sure you have the bowl, because its possible that this may disappear before you get a chance to chow!
Good luck and remember baseball season is just around the corner
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
A great addition to really set off that piece of furniture you worked hard to fix?
I'm thinking of getting some holiday knobs to add some really fun holiday decor without having lots of breakable decorations all over the house. They are easy to change out and you can even get a few different ones for each piece of furniture if you're feeling super creative!
If you're a bit confused then just watch the easy 'how to' video on the site, I don't think that most will have any problems creating your knobs!
I uploaded a poppy flower
that I took on my trip to Luther Burbank Gardens in Santa Rosa California. I think it was a great way to remember the trip that we took, everyday.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
I was sent a free Post-it Heart Shaped Pop-up dispenser for this review, I did not get any cash for this. All opinions are my own
Thursday, February 10, 2011
This post brought to you by Boudreaux's Butt Paste. All opinions are 100% mine.
It can be hard to choose a diaper rash cream that is both effective, free of chemical laden products as well as easily available and affordable.
If you haven't heard of it yet Boudreaux's Butt Paste is an alternative to the usual Vaseline that our mothers used to protect our then tiny bottoms from the wet diapers that make a diaper rash worse.
Boudreaux's Butt Paste is a blend of zinc oxide, Peruvian Balsam, mineral oil, and castor oil. Its a great way to protect baby's skin as well as sooth diaper rash.
As a mama who tries to be as natural as possible while still staying on a budget Boudreaux's Butt Paste works great for our family. It was formulated by a pharmacist with help from a respected pediatrician!So its recommended by pediatricians and has been featured in People Magazine, on the Today Show, and even on Oprah!
I like the zinc oxide in the cream, it gives it the white color and really seems to make my daughter's skin improve when its not in the best shape, it also works great on heat rash which really effected my little one's chunky rolls come the humidity of summer!
Searching mommy forums, its easy to see that Boudreaux's Butt Paste comes highly recommended by most mommies as well!
Boudreaux's Butt Paste comes in five convenient sizes. I like when companies make it easy for consumers to travel with their items and not have to worry about packing them away in luggage. The 1oz and 2oz sizes are perfect for plane travel and so long as your trip isn't too long you should be able to go without buying another tube for your trip (well unless the whole family gets heat rash)
- Set the table: don't leave it up to your kids to pull the right knives and forks out of the drawer, a nicely set table is a great way to say 'this isn't eat and run'
- Put the food out: Just like the previous tip, don't just have everybody take their food from the kitchen, put your food on plates and let your family and guests serve themselves on the table, this is a perfect opportunity to use 'please' and 'thank-you' when asking for the plates of food.
- Demand Respect: be sure that your kids act nicely at the table, speaking with respect
- Clean your plate: Only take what you can eat, if seconds are available then take them after you have cleared everything.
- Start Early: the best way to instill good habits is to start when kids are young
- Wash up: Dirty and dinner tables, should not be combined
- Say Thank-you: after dinner, during dinner, before dinner, say thank you, its just plain rude to not say thank-you when someone cooks for you.
- Chew or talk with your mouth open: This is disgusting, nobody wants to see half eaten food, so just wait. Don't feel rude if you don't answer someone's question immediately, they'll forgive you
- Turn on the television: The television is one of the worst inventions when it comes to dinnertime. Spend this time finding out about your family's day; ask your kid to tell you three things that happened to them at school today, its a great way to start conversation
- Leave the table early: its polite to wait until everybody is done, especially since mom usually ends up eating last.
- Wear your hat: its impolite, especially for men, there is no reason to wear you hat at the table, its one of the oldest rules in the book so just follow it
- Put your elbows on the table: or even worse lean over your plate while eating! Unless you're in a mess hall, and have a short amount of time to eat, there is no reason to be shoveling food into your mouth
- Feed the animals: I think the worst trait of a dog is that it begs, please please please, when you eat keep the animals in another room, it can be tempting to feed an adorable puppy, but when he's a full grown dog begging at your feet, its awful. If you want to give your dog a treat, do it after dinner in his bowl.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
I received a free copy of "Exploiting my baby. because its exploiting me" to review for this post, all opinions are my own. I did not receive any cash for this review
Monday, February 7, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
I received a free copy of "E is for Environment" for this review, all opinions are mine.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
It was nice to read the story of someone who I think is awesome, from her show "Wild on" to "Dancing with the Stars" Brooke is a dedicated and hard worker, so it seems as though it would be easy for her to raise a family. But just like the rest of us, Brooke deals with (even more publicly) the issues we all face, divorce, remarriage with kids, worrying, criticism. and everything else. This book is like getting advice from a good friend.
I especially appreciate the chapter on guilt. Its something that mothers deal with so often, and its hard to get over, I guess it just comes with the territory! In it she has a list of things we shouldn't feel guilty about as well as one we should (that list includes "saying you remind him of his mother") .
Another good topic is the topic of bitchyness... on man do I know about this one. I have on a few occasions been labeled "a bitch". And while I do think that most of the time I am an overly nice person. On the wrong day, I wouldn't recommend crossing me. Brooke's chapter "Embrace the Bitch" lets us know its okay to be a bitch and that sometimes, its almost necessary.
The book is spotted with lists full of everything from life lessons to a suggested playlist. And Brooke is a down to earth girl who just wants whats best for her family. The book is a great read for any mama!
Buy a Copy
The Naked Mom: is available on Amazon.com!
Win a Copy!
To get your own copy of The Naked Truth just be a follower and leave a comment below!
Contest ends March 1st 2011 at midnight!