Thursday, February 3, 2011

":E is for Enviroment" Review

I'm very excited to tell you about today's book review

E Is for Environment: Stories to Help Children Care for Their World--at Home, at School, and at Play

I can't tell you enough what a brilliant book this is!

Ian James Corlett, has created a book that is not only a fun learning experience for kids, but it helps me as a parent make healthy choices, for my house, family and the environment.

Elliott and Lucy star in this book along with Mom and Dad. Throughout the book we read two to three page stories about their daily lives. In these stories, Elliot and Lucy learn how to make choices that are green and healthy for their bodies. While reading through these stories, I noticed that Mom and Dad try to help the kids to make the right decisions, and these decisions are instilled into their children.

Elliot and Lucy, learn about buying only what they need, they learn to buy local produce, about the importance of the three r's (reduce, reuse, recycle)

I love all the stories, they are short and are easy to read before a trip to the grocery store, or as a quick story before breakfast or diner. 

What I really love about this book is how it really helps parents to teach the kids (or whoever needs to learn) There are questions to ask the kids throughout the stories, to help kids stay involved and interested in whats going on. At the end of the stories, there are questions about the stories, helping kids to relate what happened in the story to their own lives. 

E Is for Environment is fantastic, I would recommend it to every family and maybe even require it. Not only do I feel this book is helping my daughter learn to be eco-friendly, but I have been reading it aloud to my 'not so eco' family and I'm quite sure a bit of it is sinking in.

So for all you eco-mamas out there and more importantly for you non eco-mamas, get this book. You and the future won't regret it.

To get your own copy of E Is for Environment: , check out the link to Amazon, you'll have to preorder because the book isn't going to be released till  February 22, 2011!


I received a free copy of "E is for Environment" for this review, all opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment