Friday, February 25, 2011

Asthma, Allergies, Children a Parent's Guide

Asthma and Allergies can be scary. Especially when it comes to talking to a doctor about your child. Personally I've never had any allergies (except to the mirena birth control)
I don't have asthma, and I'm pretty healthy.

So I've wondered what I would do if Annabella were allergic to anything.
It would be hard for me to really know what was going on, what questions to ask, what foods she could eat. What symptoms to look for. What therapies are out there for children with allergies.

In the book "Asthma, Allergies, Children... A Parents Guide" The three authors Paul Ehrlich M.D., Larry Chiaramonte M.D.,  and Henry Ehrlich; give advice and insight on how to deal with your child's Asthma or Allergies.

One feature in the book that I particularly liked is the explanations of Allergies and Asthma, the book goes into great detail and tells us how the two work. Which really gives insight on how our bodies work and how the bodies of children with Allergies or Asthma are different. It helped me to really understand what was going on when someone had an allergic or asthmatic reaction.

It goes through which ingredients should be avoided in food if your child has certain allergies. I found this section to be very helpful; especially the section that tells all the ingredients that have to be avoided that I didn't even know that there were eggs in! Like Ovomucin (not that I know what it is!)

One feature in the book that I particuarlly liked is the explinations of Allergies and Asthsma, the book goes into great detail and tells us how the two work. Which really gives insight on how our bodies work and how the bodies of children with Allergies or Athsma are different. It helped me to really understand what was going on when someone had an allergic or athsmatic reaction.

It talks about skin allergies and the different variations of them. Where they come from, I liked the Eczema information as my cousin has eczema and I am always looking for tips for her to use when it comes to her skin.

Learn about alternative treatments for Allergies, learn how Biofeedback and Yoga Breathing can help with your child's asthma! What Vitamins and herbs can help out? Ever thought to try acupuncture for your little one?

If your child has asthma, then "Asthma, Allergies, Children a Parent's Guide" is indispensable. It not only helps teach about allergies and asthma but it will help put your mind at ease about your child's asthma and allergies! 

For more information check out http://www.asthmaallergieschildren.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment