Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last Year

Well tomorrow is the day that Annabella officially turns one. I can't belive its been a year since 
This:
Annabella Lynn 
Born 6lb 15.5oz
September 1, 2009

I thought that I would be a mess, I thought I would be in tears. My baby is growing up, and I've done quite a bit myself.



But I'm not, I'm excited, I feel the same excitement inside me, as if I'm turning a year old all over again. Because in a way, I guess I am. Tomorrow, I will have been a mother for a year. Its crazy to think that, because still when I look at pictures, it doesn't even seem real.


I've a lot about myself and the people around me in the last year. I've also (instinctively I guess) felt closer to the women in my family, and those that I've never met before. 

Being a mother has given me the desire to become the kind of person I want my daughter to look up to.

  My afternoons of shopping for clothes for myself has turned into play-dates with new friends. 

My lace bras and matching undies, have turned into a set of nursing bras and whatever's clean.

Nights out at danceclubs have turned into snuggling on the couch watching Curious George.

I still go to festivals, but the late night jams are rarely caught, and instead of  a hot sun waking me up. Its a hungry baby amidst the contents of our suitcase.



I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I won't be blogging tomorrow,  I want to make September 1st as happy for Annabella, as she made it last year for me



3 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweetheart! Happy birthday!

    Also, we have the same bucket seat! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabella is so lucky to have you for a Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mally...........


    .....this made me tear up. :) and smile

    ReplyDelete