Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Santa from Cincinnati

Have you or your child ever wondered where exactly Santa came from? 
Or what he was like as a little boy?



Personally, its not something that I've thought about for a long time , but the magic of Christmas returned to my house about three years ago. Around this time of year I'm back in love with the holidays watching it through my daughter's eyes,. I am always looking for great seasonal books to share with her. I love the classics but its always nice to throw in a new one. 

Santa From Cincinnati is a wonderful addition to our collection, it tells the tale of Santa Claus; where he came from and how he grew up. Santa wasn't exactly a normal kid, from his favorite toy to his favorite color, you and your child will see that not too much has changed about the jolly old man.

His parents tried hard to keep him normal, having him play baseball and deliver newspapers,but Santa was always Santa, and before being the world wide celebrity he is today, he was known all over Ohio.  Soon he was making lists and hiring elves! All the time while going to college and buying engagement rings.

From the set up all the way to his current thriving factory, you and your little one can follow the life of Santa,.Author Judi Barrett  (also the author of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs)  does a wonderful job of keeping both kids and parents interested and entertained.

The story is accompanied by charming illustrations from Kevin Hawkes, my daughter loved all the detail. His baby book and school photos were especially interesting to us, and my daughter is now sitting in the corner pointing out all the parts of the story she remembers.

A Merry addition to your book collection, this book is unlike any other that I've read and one that I'm sure I will be reading for many years to come! 


You can pick up Santa From Cincinnati at the
Monte Cristo Bookshop
13 Washington Street
New London CT 06382

You can also find it at www.indiebound.org 


All opinions found in this review are 100% mine, I received a copy of Santa From Cincinnati. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment